The Chinese Adoption Handbookby John H. MacLean
American parents are now adopting over 6,000 children a year from China and Korea. John Maclean's
Adopting a child can be one of life's most rewarding experiences. Unfortunately, complex policies, legal risks, and fewer available children can make a domestic adoption difficult. International adoption offers a solution to parents yearning for a child of their own.
American parents are now adopting over 6,000 children a year from China and Korea. John Maclean's The Chinese Adoption Handbook is a comprehensive guide to adopting a child from China and Korea.
From pitfalls to practical advice, the rewards to the risks, The Chinese Adoption Handbook leads parents through the international maze, including:
- How the international adoption process works.
- How to start the process.
- What you need to know before traveling to China or Korea.
- Making the most out of your trip--the inside scoop on customs, hotels, and shopping.
- The children's homes, the U.S. Consulate visit, and the questions that need to be asked.
- Medical issues, special adoption doctors, and travel requirements.
- Post-adoption procedures and much, much more.
Practical, accurate, and written with a father's sense of humor, The Chinese Adoption Handbook is the most comprehensive and up-to-date guide to adoption from China and Korea.
- iUniverse, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.65(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews