The Civil War on the Web: A Guide to the Very Best Sitesby Alice E. Carter, Richard Jensen, Richard Jensen, William G. Thomas, Richard J. Jensen
Finding the best sites on the Civil War can be a daunting task when you consider that a simple search on the web for "Civil War" can yield over a million hits. The Civil War on the Web, SR Books' highly acclaimed guide to Internet resources, eliminates this problem. The authors have examined thousands of websites to prepare this invaluable book. This newly revised edition contains only the most carefully constructed, highly informative, artfully designed sites on the Civil War. Sites that have become outdated since the release of the first edition in 2000 have been deleted and additional outstanding sources of information have been added. The Civil War on the Web includes:
• Detailed reviews of the top 100 sites
• A one- to five-star rating of each site's content, aesthetics, and navigation
• A list of over 300 additional recommended sites including URLs and brief descriptions
• Free CD-ROM (PC and MAC compatible) with hotlinks to all 400-plus sites in the book The Civil War on the Web is the indispensable "toolkit" for Civil War buffs, history enthusiasts, and web surfers to pinpoint the best websites on the Civil War.
- Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Revised Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.10(w) x 10.20(h) x 0.75(d)
Meet the Author
Alice E. Carter is director of project management at Interactive Media Associates, an Internet consulting firm in New Jersey. Richard Jensen is professor emeritus of history at the University of Illinois, Chicago, and research associate at the National Center for Supercomputer Applications. He also founded H-Net, the groundbreaking and highly successful web-based book review, information, and scholarly discussion source for the academic community.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews