The Collected Works of L. S. Vygotsky: Scientific Legacy / Edition 1by Robert W. Rieber, L.S. Vygotsky
'Although the writings in this volume were composed over 60 years ago. ...everything we teach today in this area is here....the reader can ap preciate how valuable and how modern are the insights presented....wor thwhile.'See more details below
'Although the writings in this volume were composed over 60 years ago. ...everything we teach today in this area is here....the reader can ap preciate how valuable and how modern are the insights presented....wor thwhile.'
- Springer US
- Publication date:
- Cognition and Language: A Series in Psycholinguistics
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 0.81(w) x 10.00(h) x 7.00(d)
Table of Contents
Tool and Sign in the Development of the Child.
1. The Problem of Practical Intellect in the Psychology of Animals and the Psychology of the Child. Experiments on the Practical Intellect of the Child. The Function of Speech in the Use of Tools. The Problem of Practical and Verbal Intellect. Speech and Practical Action in the Behavior of the Child. Development of Higher Forms of Practical Activity in the Child. The Path of Development in Light of Facts. The Function of Socialized and Egocentric Speech. Change in the Function of Speech in Practical Activity.
2. The Function of Signs in the Development of Higher Mental Processes. Development of Higher Forms of Perception. Division of the Primary Unity of the Sensory-Motor Function. Reconstruction of Memory and Attention. The Voluntary Structure of Higher Mental Functions.
3. Sign Operations and Organization of Mental Processes. The Problem of the Sign in the Formation of Higher Mental Functions. Social Genesis of Higher Mental Functions. Basic Rules of Development of Higher Mental Functions.
4. Analysis of Sign Operations of the Child. The Structure of Sign Operations. Genetic Analysis of the Sign Operation. Further Development of Sign Operations.
5. Methods of Studying Higher Mental Functions. Conclusion. The Problem of Functional Systems the Use of Tools by Animal and Man. Word and Act.
The Teaching about Emotions. Historical-Psychological Studies. Sections 1-20. On the Problem of the Psychology of the Actor's Creative Work.
Epilogue. Notes to the Russian Edition.
Works of L.S. Vygotsky. Works about L.S. Vygotsky.
Author Index. Subject Index.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >