JIM McLEAN has worked for more than 30 years with tour players such as Keegan Bradley, Cristie Kerr, Alexis Thompson, and Erik Compton. His golf schools are ranked as the best in America. Since the 1960s, he has worked with his research partner, Carl Welty, pioneering the use of video in detailed analysis of both professional and amateur golfers.
The Complete Hogan: A Shot-by-Shot Analysis of Golf's Greatest Swingby Jim McLean, Tom McCarthy
Golf legend Ben Hogan had the perfect golf swing, but how exactly it worked has long been a mystery?until now. Using footage from three never-before analyzed films of Hogan at his very best, Jim McLean analyzes the crucial motions of Hogan's/b>
Top golfing instructor Jim McLean uses rare film footage of Ben Hogan to break down the greatest swing of all time
Golf legend Ben Hogan had the perfect golf swing, but how exactly it worked has long been a mystery?until now. Using footage from three never-before analyzed films of Hogan at his very best, Jim McLean analyzes the crucial motions of Hogan's entire golf swing and shows you how to integrate his mechanics into your own game. You'll study Hogan's blend of club head, club shaft, hands, ankles, knees, hops, shoulders, and head motion?a symphony of movements with an ideal sequential development of power. It's as close as you can get to teeing it up with Hogan yourself.
- Uses more than one hundred stills from three rare films to analyze every key detail of Hogan's perfect swing before the car accident that changed his play, something no book on Hogan has ever done
- Reveals the fifteen secrets of Hogan's swing, covering important topics such as the grip, the waggle, the left hip action, lateral motion, rotation and turning movements, head position, and more
- Draws extensively on the knowledge of Hogan's friends and competitors, many of them golfing greats themselves
- Written by one of Golf Digest's top five teachers , a pioneer in video analysis who also saw Hogan play first hand
There have been many books on Hogan's swing, but never one, including his own, that illustrates his swing at its most perfect, and never one that shows its mechanics so clearly and completely.
- Turner Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 5 MB
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews