Steven Kerry Brown, founder and president of Millennial Investigative Agency, began his investigative career as a special agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. His clients call on him for practically every investigative need, from simple preemployment background checks to murders disguised as suicides. He has appeared on television programs such as Hard Copy and 60 Minutes, speaks frequently before civic and professional groups, and maintains his membership in the Society of Former Special Agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Private Investigating, Third Editionby Steven Kerry Brown
The mystique of private investigating draws significant numbers of people to consider it as a career or side business. At the same time, individuals want to learn investigative techniques to solve their own personal and legal problems. In The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Private Investigating, Third Edition, private investigator and former FBI agent/i>… See more details below
The mystique of private investigating draws significant numbers of people to consider it as a career or side business. At the same time, individuals want to learn investigative techniques to solve their own personal and legal problems. In The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Private Investigating, Third Edition, private investigator and former FBI agent Steven Kerry Brown shares his hard-won expertise on everything you need to know to track down people and information, including:
- Tapping phones and recording conversations.
- Interviewing and interrogating to get important information.
- Tricky but legal ways to get needed evidence like the pros.
- Performing onsite, online, and mobile surveillance without being detected.
- Skip tracing to find lost loves or people who owe money.
- Investigating backgrounds of potential employees or spouses.
- Searching public records online and at the courthouse.
- Catching a cheating spouse and gathering evidence for divorce cases.
- Finding runaway teenagers.
- Doing diligent searches connected with adoptions and estates.
- Tracking down burglars, thieves, pickpockets, and purse snatchers.
- Advanced techniques and business advice for those interested in starting their own investigative or background screening agency.
Along the way, Brown shares fascinating stories from his cases that highlight his clever methods for tracking down evidence and helping his clients find out what they need to know.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >