The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit: Expert Methods for Designing, Developing and Deploying Data Warehouses with CD Rom / Edition 1by Ralph Kimball, Laura Reeves, Margy Ross, Warren Thornthwaite
Pub. Date: 08/28/1998
In his bestselling book, The Data Warehouse Toolkit,
"A comprehensive, thoughtful, and detailed book that will be of inestimable value to anyone struggling with the complex details of designing, building, and maintaining an enterprise-wide decision support system. Highly recommended." -Robert S. Craig, Vice President, Application Architectures, Hurwitz Group, Inc.
In his bestselling book, The Data Warehouse Toolkit, Ralph Kimball showed you how to use dimensional modeling to design effective and usable data warehouses. Now, he carries these techniques to the larger issues of delivering complete data marts and data warehouses. Drawing upon their experiences with numerous data warehouse implementations, he and his coauthors show you all the practical details involved in planning, designing, developing, deploying, and growing data warehouses. Important topics include:
* The Business Dimensional Lifecycle(TM) approach to data warehouse project planning and management
* Techniques for gathering requirements more effectively and efficiently
* Advanced dimensional modeling techniques to capture the most complex business rules
* The Data Warehouse Bus Architecture and other approaches for integrating data marts into super-flexible data warehouses
* A framework for creating your technical architecture
* Techniques for minimizing the risks involved with data staging
* Aggregations and other effective ways to boost data warehouse performance
* Cutting-edge, Internet-based data warehouse security techniques
The CD-ROM supplies you with:
* Complete data warehouse project plan tasks and responsibilities
* A set of sample models that demonstrate the Bus Architecture
* Blank versions of the templates and tools described in the book
* Checklists to use at key points in the project
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.46(w) x 9.26(h) x 1.72(d)
Table of Contents
The Chess Pieces.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND REQUIREMENTS.
The Business Dimensional Lifecycle.
Project Planning and Management.
Collecting the Requirements.
A First Course on Dimensional Modeling.
A Graduate Course on Dimensional Modeling.
Building Dimensional Models.
Introducing Data Warehouse Architecture.
Back Room Technical Architecture.
Architecture for the Front Room.
Infrastructure and Metadata.
A Graduate Course on the Internet and Security.
Creating the Architecture Plan and Selecting Products.
A Graduate Course on Aggregates.
Completing the Physical Design.
Building End User Applications.
DEPLOYMENT AND GROWTH.
Planning the Deployment.
Maintaining and Growing the Data Warehouse.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >