1. The Crisis in Public Management.
2. Defining Effective Public Management.
3. How to Find and Keep Good People.
4. Developing Effective Working Relationships.
5. Structuring Systems, Tasks, and Responsibilities.
6. Understanding and Applying InnovationStrategies in the Public Sector.
7. The Art and Craft of Contracting.
8. Gathering, Organizing, and Using Information.
9. Mastering the Budgetary Process.
10. Shaping Organizational Goals and Strategies.
11. Dealing with the Media, Legislative Bodies,and Interest Groups.
12. Surviving and Thriving in Public Service.