The main issue that tax practitioners face is how to grow and promote their practices. In talking with tax professionals, their questions are always the same:
1. How do I build up my client base?
2. Are engagement letters really necessary?
3. How do I encourage more client referrals?
4. How much should I charge for services?
5. How do I FIRE a bad client?
This book offers real answers to all of these burning questions. You will read multiple interviews with established, highly profitable Enrolled Agents. You will hear how other EAs keep their own practices profitable and keep clients (and money) rolling in. This book covers:
1. Marketing techniques for enrolled agents
2. How to use the internet and social networking to boost your community profile
3. How to find profitable IRS representation cases
4. How to avoid deadbeat clients
5. How to get lucrative referrals from other professionals
And much more!
If you have the tax knowledge and a desire to succeed in this business, this book will help you realize success.
Contributions and interviews with: Owen Arnoff EA, Chet Burgess EA, Darryl Carp EA, Kristin Delfau, EA, Bill Fulcher EA MBA, David Hatt, EA MS, Dineen Huft, Gabrielle Fontaine PB, Gary W Lundgren EA, and much more!
This book focuses on the specific needs of the tax preparation community. With solid and detailed advice on everything from how to configure your office space to how to market your practice, the author makes it easy to understand the components of a successful practice. especially enjoyed the chapter on choosing your clients wisely, which in the long term is much more profitable and much less stressful.
Christy Pinheiro is an Enrolled Agent, Accredited Business Accountant, and financial writer. She is the author of The PassKey EA Exam Review book series, as well as a number of other books on various accounting and bookkeeping subjects.