Read an Excerpt
Early Psychic Experiences
Psychic development begins at an early age. In this chapter, you will learn how to dig deep into your memory and remember the psychic powers you may have had as a small child but gradually repressed as you entered adulthood. Reclaiming these memories will help you reclaim your psychic gifts, which are unique to you and may include psychic dreams, near-death experiences, déjà vu, past life influences, incidences of automatic writing, and other products of your psychic intuition.
Trying to Remember
Can you remember your first psychic experience? Some of you can probably recall it clearly, while others may have little or no recognition of a psychic experience. Chances are, it came at a very early age, and maybe an older family member or acquaintance can remember that you talked about something that you have consciously forgotten. It could have been a series of circumstances or a single event.
All of those past experiences are stored in your unconscious mind. Even as you read these words, you may think about something that you haven't thought about in years. Some of you may have powerful memories connected to "unexplainable experiences" in your past. As you progress through these pages, the goal is for you to be able to define and reconnect with your special psychic gifts.
What Do You Recall?
Do you remember your early psychic experiences? Maybe you weren't aware at the time that what had occurred wasn't part of reality, until you shared the information with others. Or maybe it was clearly a psychic event. Here are a few tips for trying to remember your early psychic experiences:
*Allow yourself to be open to recalling psychic memory flashes and don't overanalyze them. *Don't expect to get all of the memory at once. *Keep notes of your psychic memory flashes so that you can refer back to them. *Once you have an idea of a possible psychic flash, talk to others who might have been aware of it at the time it happened. *Use basic relaxation techniques to help you focus on your early psychic memory.
Here is an easy relaxation exercise that may help you remember early childhood psychic memories. If you would like to try it, find a place to sit or lie down and let yourself get comfortable.
When you're ready, you may take a deep breath that is comfortable for you and allow yourself to focus towards your third eye. As you breathe in and out, you may tell yourself that in a few moments you will count from five to zero. When you reach zero you will be very relaxed, and your unconscious mind will be open to recalling early-childhood memories of psychic experiences. Any memory you may recall will be for positive insights, and at anytime you want, you may always open your eyes and come back to full consciousness, refreshed and relaxed.
Whenever you are connecting to your third eye, give yourself the suggestion that you may always end your connection by opening your eyes, taking a deep breath, and connecting to your conscious mind.
As you count yourself down, you may feel yourself sinking deeper and deeper, feeling more and more relaxed with each count. It is a very pleasant feeling, and you look forward to the next number as you count yourself downward. As you focus on your third eye, you may allow yourself to relax more and more as you open up your psychic memories from the past. You may allow any muscles that you feel are stiff to relax. If you are ready, take a deep breath, exhale, and start counting:
5. Breathe in and out and feel yourself relaxing more and more with each breath. Let yourself relax your muscles. As you mention the next number to yourself, you may feel yourself connecting stronger and stronger with your third eye. You may feel yourself going deeper and deeper into your unconscious mind, opening up to your early psychic memories.
4. Feel yourself going deeper and deeper as you feel the connection to your third eye becoming stronger and stronger. You may breathe in and out, slowly, relaxing more and more with each breath. You may feel yourself getting closer and closer to your memories of your early psychic experiences. 3. As you breathe slowly, you may feel yourself relaxing more and more. You may feel yourself going deeper and deeper into your unconscious mind. As you get closer and closer to zero, you will be more and more connected with your unconscious mind. You will be ready to come in contact with your early-childhood psychic memories.
2. You are getting closer and closer, as you sink deeper and deeper. You are relaxing more and more, and your psychic memories will be ready for you to access them when you get to zero. As you breathe in and out slowly, you will allow yourself to relax more and more. You can feel your connection to your third eye more and more.
1. You are almost there. You may feel very comfortable, relaxed, and safe. You know you may always come back to a conscious state any time you want by opening your eyes, taking a deep breath, exhaling, and feeling relaxed and positive. You may allow yourself to go deeper and deeper as you count slowly backwards from five to zero, each number ten times stronger than the last.
0. You may feel the connection to your third eye stronger than before as you are now ready to access the unconscious memories of your early childhood experiences. Anything you see, feel, hear, taste, or smell will help you to remember your early childhood psychic experiences.