The Evidence-Based Practice: Methods, Models, and Tools for Mental Health Professionals / Edition 1by Chris E. Stout
Pub. Date: 11/28/2004
This groundbreaking book features contributions from the top researchers in this burgeoning field and covers everything from what evidence-based practice (EBP) is and its relevance to behavioral health to specific models for applying and implementing EBP and chapters on how to build best practices protocols and evaluate the effectiveness of EBP in your organization… See more details below
This groundbreaking book features contributions from the top researchers in this burgeoning field and covers everything from what evidence-based practice (EBP) is and its relevance to behavioral health to specific models for applying and implementing EBP and chapters on how to build best practices protocols and evaluate the effectiveness of EBP in your organization. EBP is one of the fastest-growing phenomena in mental health practice today, and savvy clinicians, group practices, and community mental health centers will be armed with the tools they need to effectively utilize EBP and improve their bottom line after reading this book.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.17(w) x 10.28(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
Foreword by Mary Cesare-Murphy, PhD, JCAHO.
1. Introduction to Evidence-Based Practices (Randy A. Hayes).
2. Evidence-Based Practices in Supported Employment (Lisa A. Razzano and Judith A. Cook).
3. Assertive Community Treatment (Susan J. Boust, Melody C. Kuhns, and Lynette Studer).
4. Evidence-Based Family Services for Adults with Severe Mental Illness (Thomas C. Jewell, William R. McFarlane, Lisa Dixon, and David J. Miklowitz).
5. Evidence-Based Psychopharmacotherapy: Medication Guidelines and Algorithms (Sy Atezaz Saeed).
6. Psychosocial Rehabilitation (James H. Zahniser).
7. Evidence-Based Practices for People with Serious Mental Illness and Substance Abuse Disorders (Patrick W. Corrigan, Stanley G. McCracken, and Cathy McNeilly).
8. Evidence-Based Treatments for Children and Adolescents (John S. Lyons and Purva H. Rawal).
9. Recovery from Severe Mental Illnesses and Evidence-Based Practice Research (E. Sally Rogers, Marianne Farkas, and William A. Anthony).
10. Evidence-Based Psychosocial Practices: Past, Present, and Future (Timothy J. Bruce and William C. Sanderson).
11. Controversies and Caveats (Chris E. Stout).
12. Evaluating Readiness to Implement Evidence-Based Practice (Randy A. Hayes).
13. How to Start with Your Agency, Practice, or Facility (Randy A. Hayes).
14. Build Your Own Best Practice Protocols (Randy A. Hayes).
Appendix: Resources and Sample Treatment Plans.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >