Annual Editions: The Family 01/02 / Edition 27by Kathleen Gilbert
Pub. Date: 02/21/2001
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
This reader of public press articles offers varied perspectives on the family; exploring and establishing relationships; maintaining relationships; the challenges and opportunities of crises; and maintaining healthy relationships in families. See more details below
This reader of public press articles offers varied perspectives on the family; exploring and establishing relationships; maintaining relationships; the challenges and opportunities of crises; and maintaining healthy relationships in families.
Table of ContentsUNIT 1. Varied Perspectives on the Family
1. The Intentional Family, William J. Doherty, from The Intentional Family: How to Build Family Ties in Our Modern World, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1997.
2. The American Family, Stephanie Coontz, Life, November 1999.
3. The Family: What Do We Really Want?, Michael Rustin, Dissent, Winter 2000.
UNIT 2. Exploring and Establishing Relationships
A. GENDER AND OUR VIEW OF THE WORLD
4. Boys Will Be Boys, Barbara Kantrowitz and Claudia Kalb, Newsweek, May 11, 1998.
5. Sex Differences in the Brain, Doreen Kimura, Scientific American Presents, Summer 1999.
B. EMOTIONS, RELATING, AND MATING
6. Flirting Fascination, Joann Ellison Rodgers, Psychology Today, January/February 1999.
7. What's Your Love Story?, Robert J. Sternberg, Psychology Today, July/August 2000.
C. SEXUALITY, CONCEPTION, AND PREGNANCY
8. Protecting Against Unintended Pregnancy: A Guide to Contraceptive Choices, Tamar Nordenberg, FDA Consumer, April 1997.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >