disciples, ‘Don’t think this won’t happen to you.’ In light of this instruction,
I highly recommend this book as a most important contribution to our
Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
The Final Journey--Complete Hospice Care For Departing Vaishnavas
By: Sangita Devi Dasi (Susan Pattinson, RN, CHPN)
Drawing upon the author’s extensive experience as a registered nurse specializing in hospice and palliative care, this book includes topics such as:
- History of hospice care and present day practices and protocol
- Allopathic and alternative options for decreasing pain and other disease symptoms
- Emotional stages of the dying patient and how to assist
- Caring for the patient, as well as the family members
- How to become a better caregiver by becoming a better listener
- Practical considerations and a "Back-to-Basics" approach to increasing one's comfort
- Compassionate care and how to increase one's communication with the dying patient
- How to recognize spiritual pain and how you can help
- Respect for one’s spiritual desires and convictions
And much more...
The Final Journey is an excellent, user-friendly resource for anyone who is providing care to a terminally ill loved one. It is the only book of its kind to address the specific needs of a dying Vaishnava. However, since the printing of the first edition in 2001, The Final Journey has proven to assist those who hold other spiritual values and beliefs as well. It offers the caregiver practical ways to provide "quality of life" to anyone preparing to pass away from this world.
2nd edition; updated and revised (52 additional pages).
Susan Pattinson R.N. (Sangita Dasi) a registered nurse spent six years caring for the terminally ill in an inpatient hospice facility and in home hospice visits. She is the co-founder of Vaisnavas C.A.R.E. (Counseling, Assistance, Resource and Education for the terminally ill and their families), a non-profit organization that assists in a hospice situation.
See all customer reviews