- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Praise for The Gender Gap in College
"Linda Sax has produced an encyclopedic volume comparing women's and men's development during the undergraduate years. We believe it is destined to become a classic in the higher education literature."
—From the Foreword by Alexander W. Astin and Helen S. Astin
"Using findings from an important national data set, Linda Sax has skillfully crafted a definitive work about the gender gap in college. It is a major scholarly achievement that will be influential for many years to come."
—Ernest Pascarella, Petersen Professor of Higher Education, University of Iowa
"Linda Sax has produced a meticulously researched, carefully documented analysis that identifies many ways that college impacts men and women differently. This book will be an invaluable resource to researchers and practitioners seeking to better understand and serve traditional-age students at four-year colleges and universities."
—Jacqueline E. King, assistant vice president, Center for Policy Analysis, American Council on Education
List of Figures and Tables.
About the Author.
2. Gender Differences among Entering College Students (Emily Arms and Casey Eznekier).
3. Gender and College Student Development (Alyssa N. Bryant).
4. Approaches to Studying Gender and College Impact.
5. Personality and Identity.
6. Political and Social Values.
7. Academic Outcomes.
8. Where Should We Go from Here? Implications of the Gender Gap for Campus Practice and Future Research.
Appendix A: Review of Research on Separate-Gender College Effects.
Appendix B: Analytical Approach Used for Separate-Gender Regressions.
Appendix C: Changes in the Gender Gap during College.
Appendix D: Squared Multiple Correlations, by Gender.