- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The Genius of Play addresses what play is, why it matters, and how modern life endangers children's play. Moving, vivid stories reveal the secrets of play. Here ...
The Genius of Play addresses what play is, why it matters, and how modern life endangers children's play. Moving, vivid stories reveal the secrets of play. Here is an outspoken Children's Play Charter for parents and teachers, which celebrates the playful spirit of childhood. Topics include:
* What do children express in their play?
* How does play help develop empathy and social skills?
* How are children influenced by inappropriate toys, TV, and consumerism?
* How does play develop chil-dren's imagination?
* Why do children need adults who encourage play?
* How do creative childhood players become good adult thinkers?
Sally Jenkinson's perceptive observations will inform and delight parents and teachers who want to gain more insight into the secrets of children's play.
Author Biography: Sally Jenkinson is a lecturer, mother and kindergarten teacher. She works for the Alliance for Childhood, having advised Waldorf kindergartens for many years. She is a respected contributor to British and European research conferences on early childhood. She is a tireless advocate of children's holistic developmental needs, particularly to the Department for Employment and Education during their consultation on early years education for the national curriculum.