This book provides key essays on the most recent interpretations of the German Reformation movement.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: Narratives of the German Reformation: C. Scott Dixon.
2. What was Preached in German Towns in the Early Reformation?: Bernd Moeller.
3. What was the Reformation Doctrine of Justification?: Berndt Hamm.
4. The Reformation of the Common Man, 1521-1542: Thomas A. Brady Jr.
5. Reformation and the Communal Spirit: Peter Blickle.
6. The Reformation and the Modern Age, an attempt: Richard Van Dulman.
7. Forced Confessionalization? Prolegomena for a Theory of the Confessional Age: Wolfgang Reinhard.
8. Success and Failure in the German Reformation: Gerald Strauss.
9. The Reformation, Popular Magic and the Disenchantment of the World: Robert W. Scribner.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >