- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
* A detailed introduction to the essentials of ghost research, including recent updates in the field, a look at latest ghost hunting "fads", and more. Then, take a look at the foundations of psychical research, including a biography of groundbreaking ghost hunter Harry Price. This includes a full-length analysis of his controversial career and a look at his investigations of Borley Rectory, a haunted house that set the stage for how investigations are conducted today.
* Learn about the scientific framework of ghost investigating; what ghosts really are and how to find them; Types of ghostly phenomena from Traditional Hauntings to Poltergeists, including a new section of updated theories about Residual Hauntings, connecting them to water and underground water sources; Where to find ghosts; the Trouble with Ghostlore; Frequently asked questions about ghosts and hauntings; and more!
* Explore the Ghost Hunter's Tool Kit, from basic items to high-tech equipment; detailed sections on using paranormal detection equipment, including EMF meters, Geiger counters and motion detectors; also, new sections on temperature sensing equipment, humidity gauges, testing for PK activity and the use of psychic triggers in investigations.
* A history of ghosts on film and spirit photography; Paranormal Photography How-to-Guide; Hints and Tips, Infrared Photography; Best uses of a camera during an investigation; Digital Photography; also, new sections that expose "orbs" and photo analysis; How to use video during investigations, new sections on low-light video recording; and more!
* An exploration of spirit communication, including information on automatic writing, talking boards, table tipping and séances! Expanded sections on communication during psychical investigations, an exposé on so-called "spirit boxes" and other frauds carried out in the field; expanded sections on Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) and how researchers can get authentic evidence of spirit voices caught on tape!
* Expanded section on Rules and Step-by-Step Methods of Conducting Investigations; Putting Research into Practice; Contacting Haunted Home Owners and getting permission to investigate public buildings (including a sample contact letter); Interviewing witnesses; Getting Rid of Ghosts, plus guides to conducting "Ghost Watches" and tracking down the history of haunted houses!
* A complete guide to conducting investigations in cemeteries, including detailed assistance in tracking down the history of the location, gravestones and markers and even those buried in the cemetery. Also, a step-by-step guide to conducting the investigation and collecting authentic evidence. Takes you beyond just snapping photos in graveyards and shows you how to make this a real investigation!
Posted November 11, 2012
Quit taking my reviews down. By doing that it shows how poorly informed you were when writing the book and how miserable it is to read. I regret buying it, and wish I could get my money back.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted December 20, 2010
This is for the more experienced ghost hunter and well worth the read. Gregory Branson-Trent has Ghost Hunting 101: A Guide For Beginners for the newbys. I highly recommend either one.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.
Posted April 30, 2012
No text was provided for this review.