- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"Even now, in the 21st century, women continue to be paid less than men, are still notably absent from the executive suites, and among entrepreneurs, receive only a tiny fraction of venture capital. The struggle for equality is not yet over -- and it’s up to women to take positive action for change.
The Girls’ Guide to Power and Success shows readers how. It’s packed with frank advice and hard-won lessons including:
• It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. Learn to strip out the hesitant ""buts""; intimate details; and indirect phrasings -- and assert yourself effectively.
• Develop the confidence to ask for what you want. Learn how to create opportunities for yourself rather than waiting for them to be offered.
• Look for companies that ""get it."" Learn to pinpoint companies that are committed to women’s advancement.
With its frank advice, lively tone, and no-nonsense strategies, The Girls’ Guide to Power and Success is a powerful ally for women who are just starting their careers and those who are well established in their professions."
"1. The Power of Expectations
2. The Power of a ""Go for It"" Attitude
3. The Power of 20/20 Vision
4. The Power of Communicating Like a Pro
5. The Power of Pizzazz: Creating Personal Charisma
6. The Power of a Blended Leadership Style
7. The Power of Planning
8. The Power of a Turbocharged Career
9. The Power of Balance
10. The Power of Advocacy
11. The Power of Money
12. A Vision for the Future"