The Glannon Guide to Criminal Law: Learning Criminal Law Through Multiple-Choice Questions, 3rd Edition / Edition 3by Laurie L. Levenson
Pub. Date: 02/28/2012
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
The popular Glannon Guide to Criminal Law is a concise, clear, effective review of criminal law topics organized around multiple-choice questions. Employing a student-friendly, accessible tone, this text includes brief explanatory text about each topic under discussion, followed by one or two multiple-choice questions. After each question, the author/b>… See more details below
The popular Glannon Guide to Criminal Law is a concise, clear, effective review of criminal law topics organized around multiple-choice questions. Employing a student-friendly, accessible tone, this text includes brief explanatory text about each topic under discussion, followed by one or two multiple-choice questions. After each question, the author explains how the correct choice was chosen and clarifies why other options were not correct. A more sophisticated “Closer” question at the end of each chapter challenges students to stretch their analytical abilities and examine subtle nuances of the topic. Unlike other titles, this approach emphasizes learning the concepts, rather than mastering test-taking techniques.
The author has thoroughly updated the Third Edition and has added numerous new hypotheticals including many that feature situations involving the Model Penal Code.
• Integrates multiple-choice questions into a full-fledged review of first-year criminal law course.
• Student-friendly, accessible tone emphasizes concepts of law , rather than test-taking strategies.
• Lead-up discussion of law in the text prepares students to learn effectively from subsequent questions.
• Clear explanations of correct and incorrect answers help to clarify nuances in the law.
• Multiple-choice questions are sophisticated but fair , neither too difficult nor unrealistically straightforward.
• Equally useful to all students, regardless of whether they will be tested by multiple-choice questions on their exams.
• Embodies a far more user-friendly and interactive approach than other exam preparation aids.
• A more challenging final question in each chapter (the “ Closer”) illustrates a more sophisticated problem in the area under discussion.
• “Closing Closer” questions in the last chapter provide practice and helpful review of concepts in earlier chapters.
• Valuable exam-taking pointers interspersed within the substantive text.
The Third Edition of this popular title has been updated throughout and features:
• New Multiple choice questions throughout
• New hypotheticals featuring the Model Penal Code, including Model Penal Code Closing Closers
- Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.90(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
Summary of Contents
Chapter 1. A Very Short Introduction
Chapter 2. Nature of Criminal Law
Chapter 3. Elements of a Crime
Chapter 4. Strict Liability Crimes
Chapter 5. Mistake of Fact
Chapter 6. Mistake of Law
Chapter 7. Causation
Chapter 8. Homicide—An Overview
Chapter 9. Homicide—Murder
Chapter 10. Manslaughter
Chapter 11. Felony Murder and Misdemeanor Manslaughter (Unlawful Law Doctrine)
Chapter 12. Attempt
Chapter 13. Solicitation and Other Inchoate Offenses
Chapter 14. Accomplice Liability
Chapter 15. Conspiracy
Chapter 16. Introduction to Defenses, Self-Defense, and Defense of Another
Chapter 17. Defense of Property, Law Enforcement Defenses, and Necessity
Chapter 18. Duress
Chapter 19. Insanity
Chapter 20. Intoxication, Infancy, and Entrapment
Chapter 21. Rape
Chapter 22. Theft Crimes
Chapter 23. Other Crimes Against Person and Property
Chapter 24. Sentencing and Death Penalty
Chapter 25. Closing Closers
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >