BRUCE WEINSTEIN and MARK SCARBROUGH are the creators of The Great American Slow Cooker Book, a collection of more than 500 recipes for every size and style of slow cooker. They are the authors of the bestselling Ultimate Cookbook series (on subjects as diverse as pizza, ham, candy, shrimp, and peanut butter), Goat: Meat, Milk, Cheese, and Grain Mains. Nominated for a James Beard Award in 2011 for their book on Ham, they are regular contributors to Weight Watchers.com, Eating Well, Cooking Light, and the Washington Post.
The Great Healthy Slow Cooker Book: 32 Delicious, Nutritious Recipes for Every Meal and Every Size of Machineby Bruce Weinstein, Mark Scarbrough
From the authors of The Great American Slow Cooker Book, here are 32 all-new good-for-you recipes that help you cut down on fat, calories, and/i>/b>
Think your slow cooker is only good for hearty stews and soups? Think again, with this exclusive collection of healthful recipes that show a slow cooker is the healthy cook’s secret weapon.
From the authors of The Great American Slow Cooker Book, here are 32 all-new good-for-you recipes that help you cut down on fat, calories, and commercial additives while enhancing the naturally delicious flavors of great ingredients. Best of all, each recipe is scaled for every size of slow cooker made today, from small 3-quarts to large 8-quarts for crowds.
This collection includes:
• Breakfast: Quinoa and Millet Porridge with Dried Apricots; Oat, Barley, and Date Porridge; Cinnamon Pear Sauce; Tortilla Strata with Artichokes and Goat Cheese
• Meat and Poultry: Ground Beef, Rice, and Tomato Casserole; Barbecued Flank Steak with Sweet Potatoes; Beef Shanks with Barley and Mushrooms; Pork Chops with Pears and Leeks; Lamb Casserole with Garlic and Rosemary; Chicken Barley Risotto; Chicken with Walnuts and Pomegranate; Chicken Drumsticks with Ginger and Star Anise; Chicken, Bean, and Beer Chili; Turkey and Wild Rice–Stuffed Peppers
• Fish and Shellfish: Salmon Roasted with Green Olives, Lemon, and Tarragon; Thick Fish Fillets with Parsnips and Garlic; Steamed Whole Fish in Ginger Broth; Barramundi with Caponata and Rosé Wine; Scallops with Apples and White Wine; Mussels in a Carrot Ginger Sauce
• Vegetable Soups and Vegetable Mains: Zucchini Soup with Corn and Coriander; Carrot Soup with Garlic and Nutmeg; Triple-Ginger Red Lentil Soup; Wheatberry and Brussels Sprouts Soup; Tofu and Shallots; Curried Spinach with Cheese; Quinoa Pilaf with Bell Peppers and Chickpeas; White Beans with Green Chiles and Tomatillos
• Desserts: Applesauce Brownie Cake; Fig and Honey Clafouti; Stewed Apples; Coconut and Pistachio Rice Pudding
Eating well every day just got a lot easier. Put your slow cooker in charge, and enjoy this collection of healthy and easy dishes.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Random House
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 2 MB
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >