- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
THE GUIDE TO ODD NEW YORK includes the irreverent, the unconventional, and the ...
THE GUIDE TO ODD NEW YORK includes the irreverent, the unconventional, and the unexpected with more than 60 eye-popping photos and a surprising entry on every page:
• A psychedelic dreamworld in Tribeca
• A mummified nun in upper Manhattan
• A kitschy mermaid parade in Coney Island
• The oldest transvestite training school in the country
• Abandoned nuclear missile silos in Queens
• An East Village museum celebrating organized crime
• America's last circus sideshow school
• The city's wickedest witchcraft store
• A schlock sex and horror film company in Long Island City
• Plus 100 more offbeat entries.
THE GUIDE TO ODD NEW YORK also points the way to unusual nightlife destinations and bizarre events happening throughout the five boroughs.
THE GUIDE TO ODD NEW YORK: Unusual Places, Weird Attractions and the City's Most Curious Sights reminds us that New York is still the capital of kookiness, as it exposes the fun and fascinating underbelly of New York.