(John H. Zenger and Joseph Folkman/The Handbook for Leaders/0-07-148438-8/
Discover your strengths, produce exponential results, and increase the bottom line
Based on solid empirical research, The Handbook for Leaders reveals the keys to becoming an extraordinary leader, showing you how-and why-to focus on your core strengths rather than correcting your weaknesses. This precise, no-nonsense rulebook outlines the essential competencies and guidelines for effective leadership, including:
- Focus on results
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Lead organizational change
- Learn from your mistakes
- Develop your people
- Build positive relationships
- Be open to new ideas
- Take initiative
- Fix fatal flaws
- Take a nonlinear approach
- Be accountable
The Handbook for Leaders shows you how to develop and implement the proficiencies you need to gain the respect and support of your people, enhance productivity and individual performance, and make an enormous contribution to the long-term success of your organization.
The Handbook for Leaders gives you two dozen proven lessons for becoming an extraordinary leader. Based on the findings from more than 200,000 assessments of 20,000 leaders across North America and Europe, this practical guidebook identifies the key competencies to effective leadership and provides you with a systematic program for attaining, developing, and implementing those vital skills. You'll find invaluable tips and pointers for leading others on every page, including:
- The 16 behaviors that differentiate the best leaders from the least effective
- Methods for focusing on your core strengths rather than correcting your weaknesses
- Advice on building strong personal character and cultivating interpersonal skills
- The keys to focusing on and producing sustained, impressive results
- Guidelines for finding your leadership “sweet spot” and using it to add value and improve performance ratings
- Strategies for envisioning and creating successful organizational change
- Ways to learn from and utilize feedback
The Handbook for Leaders is your one-stop guide for developing the competencies you need to take initiative and lead your company to a productive, profitable future.
John H. Zenger D.B.A., is the CEO and co-founder of Zenger/Folkman, a firm that employs evidence-based, positive methods to strengthen organizations and those who lead them. In 1994 he was inducted into the Human Resource Development Hall of Fame. He is the author or co-author of seven books on leadership and teams and is considered one of the most authoritative voices on improving organizational performance and developing leadership.
Joseph Folkman, Ph.D.,PhD., is the President and co-founder of Zenger/Folkman. He is a renowned expert in the field of survey design and data analysis. His passion to provide feedback and facilitate change is the source of his professional success. He is the author of four other books: Turning Feedback Into Change, Making Feedback Work, Employee Surveys That Make a Difference, and The Power of Feedback.