The Human Body in Health & Disease - Softcover / Edition 6by Kevin T. Patton, Gary A. Thibodeau
Get a complete introduction to A&P with the resources that makes challenging concepts easier to understand! The Human Body in Health & Disease, 6th Edition includes 25 highly visual, student-friendly chapters that cover the most important structures and functions of the human body. With detailed illustrations and the unique Clear View of the Human/i>/b>… See more details below
Get a complete introduction to A&P with the resources that makes challenging concepts easier to understand! The Human Body in Health & Disease, 6th Edition includes 25 highly visual, student-friendly chapters that cover the most important structures and functions of the human body. With detailed illustrations and the unique Clear View of the Human Body transparencies, A&P doesn’t get any clearer!
- UNIQUE! Creative design includes more than 475 full-color photos and illustrations to simplify explanations of difficult material.
- UNIQUE! Clear View of the Human Body transparencies embedded within the textbook provide a graphically stunning atlas of the male and female body that can be peeled back layer by layer.
- Quick Check questions, active learning activities including case studies, study tips, outline summaries, and more provide helpful reviews and self-assessment opportunities.
- A straightforward, conversational writing style explains difficult anatomy and physiology principles.
- UNIQUE! Special boxes throughout each chapter help reinforce and apply what you've learned with specific guidance in:
- Health and Well-being
- Clinical Applications
- Research, Issues, and Trends
- Science Applications
- NEW! Art, layout, and content updates in each chapter give you the most current visual and textual information possible.
- NEW! Terms and pronunciations lists at the beginning of each chapter familiarize you with new terms and the meanings of individual word parts.
- NEW! Division of previous Cells and Tissues chapter breaks the material into two chapters (Chapter 3 Cells and Chapter 4 Tissues) to provide a much more digestible serving of the information.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
- An Introduction to the Structure and Function of the Body
- Chemistry of Life
- Organ Systems of the Body
- Mechanisms of Disease
- The Integumentary System and Body Membranes
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- The Nervous System
- The Senses
- The Endocrine System
- The Heart
- The Circulation of the Blood
- The Lymphatic System and Immunity
- The Respiratory System
- The Digestive System
- Nutrition and Metabolism
- The Urinary System
- Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- Acid-Base Balance
- The Reproductive Systems
- Growth and Development
- Genetics and Genetic Diseases
Appendix A: Examples of Pathological Conditions
Appendix B: Medical Terminology
Appendix C: Clinical and Laboratory Values
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >