The Impact of Violence on the Family: Treatment Approaches for Therapists and Other Professionals / Edition 1by Dean M. Busby
Pub. Date: 01/23/1996
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
This book is designed to give family therapists and other helping professionals an introduction to the major types of violence, an overview of the impact of violence on the family, and a discussion of treatment approaches for professionals to use when working with individuals and families. The book is divided into two main sections: intrafamilial violence (violence that occurs between family members) and extrafamilial violence (violence that is inflicted on a family member from someone outside the family).
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.25(w) x 9.31(h) x 1.18(d)
Table of Contents
I. THE INTRAFAMILIAL SYSTEM.
A. Therapy For Violence In The Spousal System.
1. Physical Abuse Of Women In Marriage, Dean M. Busby, Jill Inman Jackson.
2. Sexual Abuse Of Women In Marriage, Clark Christensen.
B. Therapy For Violence In The Parent-Child System.
3. Physical Abuse Of Children By Parents, Virginia Hullings-Catalano.
4. Incest, Jan Osborn, Dean M. Busby.
C. Therapy For Violence In The Child-Parent System.
5. Physical Abuse Of Parents By Adolescent Children, Johanna Wilson.
6. Abuse Of The Elderly By Adult Children, Sabine Krummel.
D. Therapy For Violence In The Family Of Origin.
7. Adult Survivors Of Childhood Physical Abuse, Kim L. Sumner.
8. Adult Survivors Of Incest, Laurie B. Levine, Dean M. Busby.
9. Symptoms Of Survivors Of Physical And Sexual Abuse, Dean M. Busby.
II. THE EXTRAFAMILIAL SYSTEMS.
A. Therapy For Violence In Premarital Systems.
10. Premarital Physical Abuse Of Women By Male Partners, Dean M. Busby, Kyle Killian.
11. Premarital Sexual Abuse Of Women By Male Partners, Kyle Killian.
B. Violence Towards Family Members From Outsiders.
12. Sexual Assault/Sexual Harassment Of Family Members, Steve Harris.
C. Therapeutic Systems.
13. Therapists And Mandated Reporting, Dean M. Busby, Jody Norton.
About The Contributors.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >