STEVEN M. SEARS is a Senior Editor and Columnist with Barron’s. He previously reported for Dow Jones Newswires and The Wall Street Journal. He has reported upon most major modern financial events, including the Asian Contagion, the bursting of the Internet Bubble, the Credit Crisis, and Europe’s sovereign debt crisis. He was also part of exchange executive teams that modernized the U.S. options market and introduced electronic trading. He is a member of the Economic Club of New York.
The Indomitable Investor: Why a Few Succeed in the Stock Market When Everyone Else Failsby Steven M. Sears
The Indomitable Investor deconstructs the stock market that is perceived by the public, and reconstitutes it into the mosaic that is experienced by people who dominate the market. The book synthesizes critical ideas, insights, and experiences that forge the good trader quote. The material in the book is used every day by professional investors and by Wall Street’s banks to transfer the risk of investing to everyone else. Readers will learn key points, including:
- Why history repeats itself in the stock market, and how to break the eternal cycle of boom and bust that is the misery of almost all investors.
- Improve investment returns by learning habits and disciplines used by Wall Street’s top traders and investors.
- Increase investment returns by focusing on risk, not potential profits.
- Use the stock market’s historical patterns to calibrate and optimize investment decisions against Wall Street’s hidden calendar.
- Key relationships between stocks, indexes and commodities that telegraph what will happen to stocks, and the broader market.
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.10(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews