STEVEN M. SEARS is a Senior Editor and Columnist with Barron’s. He previously reported for Dow Jones Newswires and The Wall Street Journal. He has reported upon most major modern financial events, including the Asian Contagion, the bursting of the Internet Bubble, the Credit Crisis, and Europe’s sovereign debt crisis. He was also part of exchange executive teams that modernized the U.S. options market and introduced electronic trading. He is a member of the Economic Club of New York.
The Indomitable Investor: Why a Few Succeed in the Stock Market When Everyone Else Failsby Steven M. Sears
The Indomitable Investor deconstructs the stock market as the public has come to know it and reconstitutes it from the inside out from the perspective of the fortunate few who dominate Wall Street. By revealing how top investors and traders think and act Steven Sears/i>/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
A new approach to investing based on how Wall Street insiders approach the market
The Indomitable Investor deconstructs the stock market as the public has come to know it and reconstitutes it from the inside out from the perspective of the fortunate few who dominate Wall Street. By revealing how top investors and traders think and act Steven Sears shows the stock market to be an undulating ocean of money, with seasoned investors reading the waves others cannot.
Teaching readers to think about the market in radically different ways, The Indomitable Investor shows how to improve returns—and, just as importantly, avoid losses—with disciplines deployed by people who almost always do exactly the opposite of what Wall Street says to do.
Laying bare great fallacies, the book explains that non-professional investors wrongly think the stock market is a place to make money, which is what Wall Street wants them to try to do. The Indomitable Investor says otherwise and shows how Wall Street's best investors have a completely different focus.
- Explains the critical ideas and insights of top traders and investors in language anyone can understand and implement
- Packed with material rarely shared off Wall Street that is used every day by professional investors
- Introduces the 17 most important words on Wall Street
- Teaches critical skills, including: How to increase returns by focusing on risk, not potential profits; how to use the stock market's historical patterns to optimize investment decisions; understanding key relationships between stocks and the economy that predict what will happen to stocks and the broader market; how to increase mutual fund returns with an easy adjustment that redirects the bulk of profits to you—not mutual fund companies, and how to analyze information like seasoned investors to move beyond "statement of the obvious" news reports that turn ordinary investors into Dumb Money
Accessible to readers of all backgrounds, including those with a limited understanding of investing, The Indomitable Investor will change how investors view the stock market, Wall Street, and themselves.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 587 KB
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews