The International Business Environment: Text and Cases / Edition 1by J. Stewart Black, Anant K. Sundaram, A. K. Sundaram
Pub. Date: 10/07/1994
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
This book contains fifteen chapters, each accompanied by a case--some developed by the authors. Focuses on the environmental factors affecting the MNE. It focuses on 5 aspects of cross-border environments: exchange rates and international capital markets, trading patterns and regimes, the regulatory context, political context, and cultural context. Appropriate for schools that are "internationalizing" their curricula.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.27(w) x 10.84(h) x 0.93(d)
Table of Contents1. Introduction.
2. Forces of Globalization.
3. Foreign Exchange: The Basics. Case 1: Foreign Exchange Problem Set.
4. Foreign Exchange: Transaction Exposure. Case 2: Piermont Inc. Case 3: World Wildlife Fund and Debt-for-Nature.
5. Exchange Rates: Economic Exposure. Case 4: Economic Exposure to Exchange Rates: Problem Set. Case 5: Campbell Soup in Japan. Case 6: E. I. DuPont de Nemours in Japan.
6. Theories of International Trade. Case 7: International Trade: Problem Set.
7. The Trading Environment of International Business: Laws and Institutions. Case 8: The Chips Are Down. Case 9: Boeing Versus Airbus: GATT and Mouse.
8. The Regulatory Environment of International Business. Case 10: Dresser France S. A. and the Soviet Gas Pipeline.
9. The Ethical and Social Responsibility Environment of International Business. Case 11: Union Carbide and Bhopal: Diary of a Disaster (A). Case 12: Nicolo Pignatelli and Gulf Italia (A).
10. Country Risk Analysis. Case 13: Nike in China.
11. Political Risk Analysis. Case 14: Gulfstream and Sukhoi: The Supersonic Business Jet. Case 15: Note on the Corporate Jet Market and Supersonic Transportation.
12. The Analysis of MNEs by Countries. Case 16: Dow Indonesia.
13. The Cultural Environment of International Business. Case 17: West Coast University and Hamamatsu Chemical.
14. Competitive Strategy and the International Business Environment. Case 18: The Honda-Yamaha War.
15. Designing Organizations for the International Environment. Case 19: ABB Asea Brown Boveri (A): The Merger.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >