The Jack Welch Lexicon of Leadership: Over 250 Terms, Concepts, Strategies and Initiatives of the Legendary Leader / Edition 1by Jeffrey A. Krames
Jack Welch is the most admired, copied, and studied CEO of the 20th century. His visionary initiatives and concepts��and adaptive management strategies��earned him the title of the most effective CEO in history. This alphabetically arranged, encyclopedic reference, The Jack Welch Lexicon of Leadership, provides an in-depth look at the methods that Welch used/i>… See more details below
Jack Welch is the most admired, copied, and studied CEO of the 20th century. His visionary initiatives and concepts��and adaptive management strategies��earned him the title of the most effective CEO in history. This alphabetically arranged, encyclopedic reference, The Jack Welch Lexicon of Leadership, provides an in-depth look at the methods that Welch used to turn GE into the world's most valuable corporation.
More than just a simple reference, however, this one-of-a-kind book traces the evolution of Welch's key ideas and innovations and provides analysis and perspective on Welch's historic��and immensely successful��career. Comprehensive and compelling in its no-nonsense examination of all things Welch, The Jack Welch Lexicon of Leadership:
- Provides a guided tour of the language and strategies of Jack Welch��Each of Welch's key management ideas��and their significance in GE's rebirth��is given in-depth treatment and evaluation
- Highlights breakthrough concepts for easy access and cross-reference��To help readers in their exploration of Welch, key concepts and ideas are designated by the "Six Sigma"
- Applies Welch's prescient wisdom to today's demanding global environment��Examples reveal how Welch's insights can be used to address new problems in any organization, regardless of its size
- Chronicles the evolution of Welch's leadership thinking��Wherever possible, dates and chronology help trace Welch's evolution as a leader��and his strategies which transformed grass-roots ideas into companywide innovations
By adding speed, simplifying the complex, and cutting straight to the heart of the matter, Jack Welch was able to find workable solutions for virtually every challenge. The Jack Welch Lexicon of Leadership follows Welch's example. It defines and organizes the terms and programs that Welch used to rewrite the language of leadership, then creates a roadmap you can use to create Welch magic of your own��regardless of your organization's industry or competitive position.
- McGraw-Hill Companies, The
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 1 ED
- Product dimensions:
- 5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.51(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >