- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: austin, TX
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ounces milk chocolate
2 large eggs
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee powder, dissolved in 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup brewed coffee
1 tablespoon ground coffee (regular grind)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, with a rack in the middle. Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan.
2. In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, or in a glass bowl in a microwave oven, melt the butter and chocolate together. Stir until smooth; set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs for 1 minute, then add the brown sugar and the instant coffee-vanilla mixture and beat for 2 minutes. Stir in the brewed coffee and the ground coffee.
4. Add the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly on medium speed.
5. Blend in the flour and salt just until incorporated, about 30 seconds on low speed. Pour into the pan.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until firm. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then cut into 16 squares. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze, wrapped in plastic wrap, then in foil, for up to 6 months.