The Language of Medicine - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card) / Edition 10by Davi-Ellen Chabner
Pub. Date: 08/06/2013
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
- Simple, clear, non-technical explanations
demystify medical terminology even if you have little or no background in medicine or science.
The Pageburst eBook for this title offers these additional features:
- A wealth of self-assessment exercises
- Compatibility with desktop computers, as well as iPads, smartphones, and other mobile devices
- Easy access to Evolve resources
- Engaging, interactive exercises that allow you to:
- label anatomical drawings
- understand the physiology of a system
- practice using terms in context
- hear the proper pronunciation of medical terms
- reinforce your mastery of word parts
- study the meaning of word parts and terms
- and much more!
- NEW! In Person narratives help you understand diseases and conditions from the patient’s perspective.
- NEW! A Closer Look highlights particular conditions.
- NEW! Images and photos illustrate difficult terms and procedures.
- NEW! Terms and definitions keep you up to date with healthcare advances.
- More Spotlights identify and clarify potentially confusing terminology.
- Error-prone abbreviations list derived from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP) list alerts you to abbreviations that should not be used in the clinical setting.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.87(h) x 0.10(d)
Table of Contents
1. Basic Word Structure
2. Terms Pertaining to the Body as a Whole
5. Digestive System
6. Additional Suffixes and Digestive System Terminology
7. Urinary System
8. Female Reproductive System
9. Male Reproductive System
10. Nervous System
11. Cardiovascular System
12. Respiratory System
13. Blood System
14. Lymphatic/Immune System
15. Musculoskeletal System
17. Sense Organs: Eye and Ear
18. Endocrine System
19. Cancer Medicine (Oncology)
20. Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
Medical Word Parts to English
English to Medical Word Parts
II. Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Symbols
III. Normal Hematologic Reference Values and Implications of Abnormal Results
V. Complementary and Alternative Medicine Terms
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >