- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chatham, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Renowned nursing leaders Tim Porter-O'Grady and Cathleen Wilson have created a book that defines the context and content of the role of the manager/leader in a transformed health care environment. With the latest research and thinking on management in 'point-of-service' organizations, this book shows practical applications of a new health care leadership paradigm with examples that span the continuum of care (hospital, ambulatory, subacute, rehab, long-term and home care). Performance tools, end-of-chapter questions, and an extensive, annotated bibliography will make this the health care leader's blueprint for adjusting roles and behaviors to maximize their effectiveness in today's radically changed environment.
Building toward point-of-care health services/art & science of self-mgmt/incl. sample training activities, guidelines.
Contents: Transitions and Transformations: Leadership in an Emerging New World
• When Management Skills Become Obsolete
• Structuring for Partnership: Defining the New Organization
• Along the Continuum: Building toward Point-of-Care Health Services
• Whole Systems
• Shared Governance: Creating a Seamless Organization
• From Self Management to Self Design: The Leader's Journey
• Building Toward Outcomes: From Responsibility to Accountability
• The Manager as Learner: The Art and Science of Self Management
• Uncovering the Bureaucracy Within: What Happens When We Stop Controlling Everything?
• How Do You Know When You Are There?