- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
In The Manhattan Diet, you'll learn how to lose weight, eat great, and live stylishly the way New Yorkers do—and enjoy the same results wherever you call home. You'll discover what real-life ...
In The Manhattan Diet, you'll learn how to lose weight, eat great, and live stylishly the way New Yorkers do—and enjoy the same results wherever you call home. You'll discover what real-life Manhattan women really think about dieting and how they shop for food, cook, order in restaurants, eat, cheat, and splurge. From the city's world-class restaurants to luxury townhouses to its famously tiny apartment kitchens, from exclusive parties to fitness clubs, Manhattan insider Eileen Daspin takes you behind the scenes to reveal the food secrets of a fascinating range of Manhattan women, including celebrities, bankers, stay-at-home moms, lawyers, and media executives.
Drawing on the stories and food diaries of New Yorkers as well as wisdom from top nutritionists and celebrity trainers, The Manhattan Diet offers a detailed program of tips and advice for weight-loss success along with a twenty-eight-day eating plan that will fit into your personal lifestyle. You'll also find amazingly delicious recipes, including dishes from top Manhattan-based chefs Tom Colicchio, Eric Ripert, Mario Batali, Marcus Samuelsson, and Lidia Bastianich.
With The Manhattan Diet, you can lose weight and eat well while living your own fabulous life. So enjoy!
1. Forget the French: How We Act 5
2. A Manhattan State of Mind: How We Think 13
3. Dark Chocolate, Almonds, and Discipline: How We Eat 34
4. Grocery Love: How We Shop 59
5. Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk: How We Exercise 78
6. The Manhattan Diet Weight-Loss Plan: How We Got This Way 95
7. White Truffle Risotto and Other Dilemmas: How We Order in Restaurants 142
8. Okay, We Cheat: How We Break the Rules 157
9. Expert Handling: How We Get Help 172
10. Confident in the Kitchen: How We Cook 183
11. A Spoonful at a Time: The Manhattan Diet Recipes 200
Posted May 5, 2012
If I see one more diet book on the shelf I will scream. If there are so many people writing about how to diet, how come there are so many fat people in the world and obesity is a #1 health problem in this country.
1 out of 7 people found this review helpful.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.