- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This e-book informs not only of the history of the Mercedes-Benz SL R129, it also let the reader experience a test drive in an exciting RENNtech SL 600 7.4. On top it covers the unique one off Middelhauve SL Grand (influenced by Paul Bracq) and all AMG and Special Edition models. It comes with over 130 unique pictures, most of them are ...
This e-book informs not only of the history of the Mercedes-Benz SL R129, it also let the reader experience a test drive in an exciting RENNtech SL 600 7.4. On top it covers the unique one off Middelhauve SL Grand (influenced by Paul Bracq) and all AMG and Special Edition models. It comes with over 130 unique pictures, most of them are non-Daimler-Benz photos and have never been published in a book before.
So far Bernd S. Koehling has over 20 e-books and books about Mercedes-Benz cars to his credit.
In this guide one can read about
- the development of a milestone
- higher safety standards
- first integral seats in an open car
- an automatically opening and folding soft top
- an improved suspension
- the launch of the Mercedes R129
- the first V12
- a new model nomenclature in 1993
- the 1995 and 1998 facelifts
- the AMG models such as the 500 SL 6.0, SL 60, SL 55, SL 70, SL 73 and the SL 36
- the various Special Edition models such as the Mille Miglia, La Costa, Silver Arrow etc
- tuners such as Brabus, Carlsson, Hagmann, Koenig or RENNtech,
- testdriving a RENNtech SL 600 7.4
- the Middelhauve and Karmann SL and
- the sales history of the different models
The Mercedes-Benz R129 will go down in automotive history as one of the great designs of Bruno Sacco, then head of design at Daimler-Benz. Its flawless lines look today as good as they did, when the car was launched. Helped by a new V12 and various offers from AMG, it also established the performance part in the Mercedes SL name again, something that had been amiss for some years.
This e-book is also available in printed form as part of: MERCEDES-BENZ, The modern SL cars. Over 350 pages cover next to the R129 the R107, the R230 and the new R231, plus detailed engine and performance specs and production figures.
Due to the many different e-book formats and sizes available in the market, publishing of engine specs and production figures in readable charts with proper borders is close to impossible for an e-book. The author will gladly send those data upon request to all readers with his compliments as a pdf version.