The Merck Veterinary Manual / Edition 10by Cynthia M. Kahn
Pub. Date: 09/27/2010
The Merck Veterinary Manual is the most comprehensive, reliable reference for veterinary professionals. Trusted for more than 50 years, this reference now features hundreds of full-color images, including illustrations, photomicrographs, and radiographic, ultrasonographic, and endoscopic images. In addition, all 3,000 pages have been updated to reflect the latest
The Merck Veterinary Manual is the most comprehensive, reliable reference for veterinary professionals. Trusted for more than 50 years, this reference now features hundreds of full-color images, including illustrations, photomicrographs, and radiographic, ultrasonographic, and endoscopic images. In addition, all 3,000 pages have been updated to reflect the latest advances in veterinary medicine.
This new edition offers comprehensive coverage of exotic and laboratory animals and an extensively revised zoonoses reference table. The section on behavior has been thoroughly revised, and includes the most current information on diagnosing and treating behavioral disorders in dogs, cats, and other domestic animals.
- Comprensive discussion of diseases and disorders affecting all common domestic animals
- Expanded coverage of exotic animals, including pet birds, fish, ratites, reptiles, and rodents
- Zoonotic potential of veterinary diseases is highlighted throughout
- Expanded discussions of topics such as antimicrobial resistance, off-label drug usage, vaccines, and advances in imaging techniques
- Extensively revised Behavior and Immunology sections
- Reorganized Toxicology section for easier reference
Ten Brand-New Chapters
- African Hedgehogs
- Biology of the Immune System
- Cloning of Domestic Animals
- Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine
- Disorders of Potassium Metabolism
- Equine Metabolic Syndrome
- Poisonous Mushrooms
- Porcine Circovirus Diseases
- Pseudopregnancy in Goats
- Seminal Vesiculitis in Bulls
The Merck Manual has also been completely redesigned for easier reading. Offering a colorful new look at animal health, this edition is truly indispensable.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 5.60(w) x 8.80(h) x 2.30(d)
Table of Contents
Guide for Readers.
Abbreviations and Symbols.
Eye and Ear.
Clinical Pathology and Procedure.
Emergency Medicine and Critical Care.
Exotic and Laboratory Animals.
Management and Nutrition.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >