The Mixed-Media Artist: Art Tips, Tricks, Secrets and Dreams from Over 40 Amazing Artistsby Seth Apter
There's a secret to understanding the mystery behind the hidden message in a work of mixed-media art. As Seth Apter knows, if you can get to know the artist, you will get to know the art. The Mixed Media Artist unlocks this mystery and provides an intimate look into the hearts, souls and creative processes of over 40 inspiring/i>/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Mixed media or mystery?
There's a secret to understanding the mystery behind the hidden message in a work of mixed-media art. As Seth Apter knows, if you can get to know the artist, you will get to know the art. The Mixed Media Artist unlocks this mystery and provides an intimate look into the hearts, souls and creative processes of over 40 inspiring artists. Surprising self-portraits, innermost self-reflections and practical art-making tutorials are just some of the keys you'll find here to unlocking the door to a greater understanding of how and why art is made.
- Helpful how-tos: Throughout each section, artists share favorite tools, secret ingredients and step-by-step processes that go beyond the who to provide the how.
- 44 artists share creative perspectives and intimate thoughts: Provocative questions are answered not only in words, but multiple times as art, spotlighting the forces that make the art and the artists what and who they are.
- Compelling poll data: Answers collected from thousands of individuals reveal statistical insights on the creative community at large.
- Additional online content: Links to downloads, tutorials, videos and more are sprinkled throughout the book.
- F+W Media
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 99 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Seth Apter is the author of The Pulse of Mixed Media. His artwork has been showcased in numerous exhibitions and can be found in multiple books, national magazines and independent zines. The voice behind The Altered Page, an online visual journal, he has been the host and organizer of a number of international collaborative art projects. Seth also has a PhD in psychology and splits his time between creating art in his studio and seeing clients in his private-practice office--life experiences that join together to form the foundation of his daily life. Seth lives in New York City and finds inspiration every time he walks out of his door into the streets of the city. Visit Seth online at thealteredpage.blogspot.com.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >