The Molecular and Physiological Basis of Nutrient Use Efficiency in Cropsby Malcolm J. Hawkesford, Peter Barraclough
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Efforts to increase efficient nutrient use by crops are of growing importance as the global demand for food, fibre and fuel increases and competition for resources intensifies. The Molecular and Physiological Basis of Nutrient Use Efficiency in Crops provides both a timely summary of the latest advances in the field as well as anticipating directions for future research.
The Molecular and Physiological Basis of Nutrient Use Efficiency in Crops bridges the gap between agronomic practice and molecular biology by linking underpinning molecular mechanisms to the physiological and agronomic aspects of crop yield. These chapters provide an understanding of molecular and physiological mechanisms that will allow researchers to continue to target and improve complex traits for crop improvement.
Written by leading international researchers, The Molecular and Physiological Basis of Nutrient Use Efficiency in Crops will be an essential resource for the crop science community for years to come.
- coalesces current knowledge in the areas of efficient acquisition and utilization of nutrients by crop plants with emphasis on modern developments
- addresses future directions in crop nutrition in the light of changing climate patterns including temperature and water availability
- bridges the gap between traditional agronomy and molecular biology with focus on underpinning molecular mechanisms and their effects on crop yield
- includes contributions from a leading team of global experts in both research and practical settings
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 6 MB
What People are saying about this
Meet the Author
Malcolm J. Hawkesford is Deputy Head of the Plant Sciences Department and Project Leader of the Nutrition Group at Rothamsted Research, UK.
Peter Barraclough formerly a Group Leader in Crop Nutrition at Rothamsted Research, UK, now retired.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >