The Muscular System Manual: The Skeletal Muscles of the Human Body / Edition 1by Joseph E. Muscolino
Pub. Date: 01/01/2003
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
With more than 700 original medical illustrations of muscles and bones, this valuable atlas is organized by body region, moving from the head to the extremities. For each region, there is an overview of the muscles of the region as a whole, detail of each particular muscle in the region, information on palpation of that muscle, bulleted information on the
With more than 700 original medical illustrations of muscles and bones, this valuable atlas is organized by body region, moving from the head to the extremities. For each region, there is an overview of the muscles of the region as a whole, detail of each particular muscle in the region, information on palpation of that muscle, bulleted information on the anatomical relationship of the muscle to other muscles in that region, methodology for learning muscle actions to explain the reasoning behind each action, a section of miscellaneous information about the muscle, and much more. Additional resources are included in ten helpful appendices covering topics like anatomical position and planes of the body, joint actions, reverse actions, actions by groups of movers, kinesiology basics, palpation guidelines, and mnemonics.
• Content is organized by body region, moving from head to extremities.
• Numerous two-color illustrations examine each muscle.
• For each region covered, there is an overview of the muscles of the region as a whole, with large drawings of the muscles of that entire region and information on how muscles in that region function together.
• The layout is compartmentalized for easy understanding and retention for both beginning and advanced students.
• More than 100 pages of appendices provide readers with extensive information on Anatomical Position and Planes of the Body, Joint Actions, Reverse Actions, Muscle Actions by Groups of Movers, Soft Tissue Attachments, Other Skeletal Muscles of the Body, Palpation Guidelines, Kinesiology, Overview of Innervation, Overview of Arterial Supply, Mnemonics, and Terminology.
• A Methodology section for each muscle helps explain content so readers don't have to memorize.
• Pedagogy and levels of depth for each muscle enable instructors to take this book straight into the classroom.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.98(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
Section I: Axial Body
Section II: Lower Extremity
Section III: Upper Extremity
8. Scapula and Arm
Section IV: Appendices
A. Anatomical Position and Planes of the Body
B. Joint Actions
C. Reverse Actions
D. Muscle Actions by Groups of Movers
E. Soft Tissue Attachments
F. Other Skeletal Muscles of the Body
G. Palpation Guidelines
H. Overview of Innervation
I. Overview of Arterial Supply
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >