- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Although other books discuss the concept of diversity in the workplace, The New Leaders is the first to offer practical strategies for moving women and people of color into executive positions. Based on interviews with nearly two hundred managers in organizations recognized for their model diversity programs, Morrison-the author who brought the term "glass ceiling" into our vernacular'and her colleagues present a step-by-step plan to help organizations compete for the best employees available.
From the author who brought the term "glass ceiling" into our vernacular comes a grounded and practical approach to vaulting women and people of color into the leadership ranks of corporate America. As the debate over quotas, affirmative action initiatives and equal opportunity intensifies, Morrison's wisdom is essential today more than ever.
Introduction: Diversity: The Turbulent Evolution of a Sensitive Issue.
Part One: Leadership Diversity as Strategy.
1. Achieving Benefits from Leadership Diversity.
2. Challenging the Barriers to Opportunity.
3. Setting Goals for Sustained Leadership Development.
Part Two: Leadership Diversity as Procedure.
4. Establishing Accountability for Diversity.
5. Creating Meaningful Development Opportunities.
6. Using Recruitment to Build Diversity.
Part Three: Leadership Diversity as Action.
7. Step One: Discover (and Rediscover) Diversity Problems in Your Organization.
8. Step Two: Strengthen Top-Management Commitment.
9. Step Three: Choose Solutions That Fit a Balanced Strategy.
10. Step Four: Demand Results and Revisit the Goals.
11. Step Five: Use Building Blocks to Maintain Momentum.
Conclusion: Meeting the Challenges of Leadership Diversity.