- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A note to our Suppliers in the US and the UK: Support Philosophy - it uses lots of paper….
A Note to Bitter Brits and Confused Americans….
The Dundies: Some Awards for Making this Book Possible.
Memo 1: Paper Thin Morality.
1. Screws and Nails: Paper Tigers and Moral Monsters in The Office US: J. Jeremy Wisnewski Hartwick College.
2. Flirting in The Office: What Can Jim and Pam’s Romantic Antics Teach Us about Moral Philosophy? US: Mark D. White College of Staten Island.
3. Can Michael Ever Learn?: Empathy and the Self-Other Gap US: Andrew Terjesen Rhodes College.
4. Leaving the Dice Alone: Pointlessness and Helplessness at Wernham-Hogg UK: Wim Vandekerckhove Ghent University and Eva Tsahuridu University of Greenwich Business School.
5. The Virtues of Humor: What The Office Can Teach Us About Aristotle’s Ethics UK: Sean McAleer University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
Memo 2: Know Thyself!.
6. Pam and Jim on the Make: The Epistemology of Self-Deception US: Stefanie Rocknak Hartwick College.
7. What Dwight Doesn’t Know Can’t Hurt Him—Or Can It?.
Deception and Self-Deception in The Office US: Randall M. Jensen Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa.
8. Authenticity or Happiness? Michael Scott and the Ethics of Self-Deception US: Peter Murphy University of Indianapolis and Jonathan Evans University of Indianapolis.
9. Humiliation in The Office and at Home US: John Elia Wilson College.
Memo 3: Funny and not-so-funny Business.
10. Laughter between Distraction and Awakening: Marxist Themes in The Office US: Michael Bray at Southwestern University.
11. Being-in-The Office: Sartre, the Look, and the Viewer US: Matthew Meyer University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and Greg Schneider University of Minnesota.
12. A Boy that Swims Faster than a Shark: Jean Baudrillard Visits The Office UK: Russell Manning Yarra Valley Grammar, Melbourne.
Memo 4: Mind Your Business!.
13. Stakeholders vs. Stockholders in the American Office US: Rory E. Kraft, Jr. York College of Pennsylvania.
14. Attacking with the North: Affirmative Action and The Office US: David Kyle Johnson King’s College in Wilkes-Barre.
15. Darkies, Dwarves, and Benders: Political InCorrectness in The Office UK: Thomas Nys Utrecht University.
16. The Hostile Office: Michael as a Sexual Harasser US: Keith Dromm Northwestern State University.
17. The Obscene Watermark: Corporate Responsibility at Dunder-Mifflin US: David Kyle Johnson King’s College in Wilkes-Barre.
Memo 5: Philosophy at the water-cooler….
18. For L’Amour: Love and Friendship in The Office US: Robert Arp University at Buffalo and Jamie Watson Florida State University.
19. Look at the Ears! The Problem of Natural Kinds UK: Thomas Nys Utrecht University.
20. Gareth Keenan Investigates Paraconsistent Logic: The Case of the Missing Tim and the Redundancy Paradox UK: Morgan Luck Charles Sturt University.
21. Being Your Self in The Office US: Rick Mayock West Los Angeles College.
22. Michael Scott is Going to Die US: Meg Lonergan Hartwick College and J. Jeremy Wisnewski Hartwick College.
Appendix A, From Our Office to Yours: The University of Scranton and The Office.
Appendix B, Question: What do you need to know about Dwight K. Schrute?.
Corporate Filing System Index.
Employees Notes on Contributors