The Organization in Crisis: Downsizing, Restructuring, and Privatization / Edition 1by Cary L. Cooper
Pub. Date: 10/26/2000
The Organization in Crisis brings together a team of leading international researchers and practitioners to examine key issues associated with organizational change and suggest how such changes can be better managed in the future. See more details below
The Organization in Crisis brings together a team of leading international researchers and practitioners to examine key issues associated with organizational change and suggest how such changes can be better managed in the future.
Table of Contents
List of contributors.
Part I: Impact of Restructuring on Employees and Organizations:.
1. The new organizational reality: transition and renewal: Ronald J. Burke and Cary L. Cooper.
2. The impact of organizational change on UK managers' perceptions of their working lives: Les Worrall, Cary Cooper and Fiona Campbell.
3. Impact on privatization in Portugal: Rita Campos e Cunha.
4. Comparing the downsizing experiences of three countries: a restructuring cycle?: Craig Littler.
5. Sickness absence and organizational downsizing: Mika Kivimaki, Jussi Vahtera, Amanda Griffiths, Tom Cox and Louise Thomson.
Part II: New research Directions:.
6. An empirical examination of a stress-based framework of survivor responses to downsizing: Gretchen M. Spreitzer and Aneil K. Mishra.
7. Gender and job insecurity: Mina Westman.
8. Ethical problems in downsizing: Zehava Rosenblatt and Zachary Schaeffer.
9. Total quality management during downsizing: Marjorie Armstrong-Stasssen.
Part III: The new career reality:.
10. The new employment contract: psychological implications of future work: Paul Sparrow.
11. Down but not out: career trajectories of middle-aged and older workers after downsizing: Daniel C. Feldman.
12. Organizational crisis and change: the new career contract at work: John F. McCarthy and Douglas T. Hall.
13. Eroding organizational social capital among US firms: the price of job instability: Carrie R. Leana and Harry J. Van Buren III.
Part IV: Renewal and Revitalization: Best Practices:.
14. Leading organizations through survivor sickness: a framework for the new millennium: David Noer.
15. Value-based management: a tool for managing change: Todd D. Jick.
16. Coping with mergers and acquisitions: Susan Cartwright and Sarah-Louise Hudson.
17. Organizational restructuring: identifying effective hospital downsizing processes: Ronald J. Burke and Esther R. Greenglass.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >