The Pediatric Cardiology Handbook / Edition 2by Myung K. Park
Pub. Date: 12/28/1996
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This handy, pocket-sized guide provides the practical knowledge needed to diagnose and manage children with congenital and acquired heart disease. Extensively revised and updated to reflect the rapid changes in the field, it emphasizes new medical management and surgical techniques, as well as the results of surgery for a number of cardiac… See more details below
This handy, pocket-sized guide provides the practical knowledge needed to diagnose and manage children with congenital and acquired heart disease. Extensively revised and updated to reflect the rapid changes in the field, it emphasizes new medical management and surgical techniques, as well as the results of surgery for a number of cardiac conditions.
- Offers comprehensive and reliable information in a quick access format.
- Organized to facilitate decision-making.
- Features a new chapter on pulmonary hypertension and a new discussion of pacemakers in children.
- Updates all chapters, with extensive revisions in the chapters on electrocardiography • blood pressure measurement techniques • new normative blood pressure standards • infective endocarditis • Kawasaki disease • rheumatic fever • cardiomyopathies of various types • supraventricular tachycardia • premature ventricular contractions • syncope • long QT syndrome • and hyperlipidemia.
- Provides new "Postoperative follow-up" sections where appropriate.
Includes new illustrations for quick and in-depth understanding of the text.
- With additional contributing experts.
- Spanish version of 2nd edition also available, ISBN: 84-8174-429-8
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Table of Contents
CHAPTER I. ROUTINE CARDIAC EVALUATION IN CHILDREN
I. History Taking
II. Physical Examination
IV .Chest Roentgenography
V. Flow Diagram
CHAPTER II. SPECIAL TOOLS IN CARDIAC EVALUATION
II. Exercise Test
III. Ambulatory Electrocardiography
IV.Cardiac catheterization and Angiocardiography
CHAPTER III. CONGENITAL HEART DEFECTS
I. Left-to-Right Shunt Lesions
II. Obstructive Lesions.
III. Cyanotic Congenital Heart Defects
IV Miscellaneous Congenital Anomalies
CHAPTER IV .ACQUIRED HEART DISEASE
I. Primary Myocardial Disease
II. Cardiovascular Infections
III. Kawasalo Disease
IV .Acute Rheumatic Fever
V. Valvular Heart Disease
VI. Cardiac Tumors
CHAPTER V. ARRHYTHMICA AND ATRIOVENTRICULAR
I. Basic Arrhythmias
II. Disturbances of Atrioventricular
CHAPTER VI. NEONATAL CARDIAC PROBLEMS.
I. Initial Evaluation of the Newborn
CHAPTER VII. SPECIAL PROBLEMS
I. Congestive Heart Failure
II. Chest Pain
IV. Long QT Syndrome
V. Systemic Hypertension
VI. Pulmonary Hypertension
VII. Hyperlipidemia in Childhood
CHAPTER VIII. MANAGEMENT OF CARDIAC SURGICAL PATIENTS
CHAPTER IX. CARDIOV ASCULAR DRUG DOSAGE
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >