Oscar Wilde's only novel, a classic instance of the aestheticism of the 19th century English literature. Dorian is what I would like to be in other ages, perhaps, said Oscar Wilde describing this novel. Basil Hallward is what I think I am. Lord Henry is what the...
Oscar Wilde's only novel, a classic instance of the aestheticism of the 19th century English literature. Dorian is what I would like to be in other ages, perhaps, said Oscar Wilde describing this novel. Basil Hallward is what I think I am. Lord Henry is what the world thinks I am. New edition of original prize winning classic.
About Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde 1854 - 1900, one of London's most popular playwrights in the early 1890s. At university he proved himself to be an outstanding classicist, first at Dublin, then at Oxford. He became known for his involvement in the rising philosophy of aestheticism, led by two of his tutors, Walter Pater and John Ruskin. As a spokesman for aestheticism, he tried his hand at various literary activities: he published a book of poems, lectured in the United States of America and Canada on the new English Renaissance in Art, and then returned to London where he worked prolifically as a journalist. Known for his biting wit, flamboyant dress, and glittering conversation, Wilde had become one of the most well-known personalities of his day.
Oscar Wilde, hedonism, satire, art, artists, Victorian, classic, aestheticism, romantics, romance, English literature, romanticism, urban romantics
- Integrated fully functional book App with book content, book reader navigation and configuration features
- Book content loads with the App and is available on the device at all times even when offline
- Book App offers natural look and feel to book reading experience
- Switch between day or night time reading to illuminate the screen automatically without the need for external lighting
- Configure colour of your pages and how they flip or scroll on your screen
- Choose appropriate font size for your perfect reading experience
- The App will remember when you finished reading last time
- Use bookmarks to remember specific locations in the book
- Easy access to each chapter via menu navigation feature (click catalogue in the app menu)
- Search the book using key words, phrases or lines (click more in the menu and then search)
- Define font size, line space, font colour and background (click main app menu, more, config)
- Information line in the bottom of the screen shows progress, chapter name and current time
- Main menu will appear by touching once the main screen anywhere in the page