"Unlike many other programs, Alderson asks you to come up with your own goal. Planning to write a screenplay? Or a novel? See how long a comparable work is, then divide that number by 30. Write this number of words daily for 30 days and you will have a completed draft. All you need to get yourself moving are the prompts in this book. How do I know? 2200 words in two days and counting. Not bad for someone who can't stand writing prompts." Women on Writing
The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts: Easy Exercises to Get You Writingby Martha Alderson
The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts gives you the inspiration and motivation you need to finish every one of your writing projects. Written by celebrated writing teacher and author Martha Alderson, this book guides you through each stage of the writing process, from constructing compelling/i>/b>
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Daily exercises guaranteed to spark your writing!
The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts gives you the inspiration and motivation you need to finish every one of your writing projects. Written by celebrated writing teacher and author Martha Alderson, this book guides you through each stage of the writing process, from constructing compelling characters to establishing an unforgettable ending. Alderson also helps you get into the habit of writing creatively every day, with brand-new imaginative prompts, such as:
- Create an obstacle that interferes with the protagonist's goal and describe how that scene unfolds moment-by-moment.
- Provide sensory details of the story world and what your main character is doing at this very moment.
- Scan earlier scenes for examples of the protagonist's chief character flaw and develop it. He or she will need to overcome this flaw in order to achieve his or her ultimate goal.
- Show an issue or situation in the main character's life that needs attention and have him or her take the first step forward toward a course of action.
- F+W Media
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 414 KB
Meet the Author
Martha Alderson, founder of PlotWrMo, has worked with hundreds of writers in plot workshops, retreats, and plot consultations for more than fifteen years. Her clients include bestselling authors, New York editors, and Hollywood movie directors. She is the author of The Plot Whisperer.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I particularly like this book of prompts because it focuses on the work at hand. It isn't merely a list of exercises to encourage creativity, but exercises specifically relating towards story structure. Whether I'm stuck in the middle, end, or climax they've helped me get on back on track. I've used this book in combination with her other books and have already seen an improvement in my writing.