The Power of Positive Talk: Words to Help Every Child Succeedby Douglas Bloch
This is the revised and updated edition of the beloved classic "Positive Self-Talk for Children" which was first published by Bantam Books in 1993. The Power of Positive Talk is a book that teaches children self-esteem through the affirmation process. It is a guide that can be used by parents, teachers and counselors to instruct children how to speak kindly and… See more details below
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
This is the revised and updated edition of the beloved classic "Positive Self-Talk for Children" which was first published by Bantam Books in 1993. The Power of Positive Talk is a book that teaches children self-esteem through the affirmation process. It is a guide that can be used by parents, teachers and counselors to instruct children how to speak kindly and lovingly to themselves.
The Power of Positive Talk makes affirmations easy to teach, understand, and use. Kids learn affirmations for many situations and challenges such as school and academics, athletics, facing fears, feeling angry, getting teased, feeling depressed, and more. In addition, the book contains special sections of affirmations for a child’s specific developmental stage (infancy through adolescence) and for children with special needs (such as a child with a physical, emotional or learning disability).
What others are saying about this book...
“This is a worthwhile book for many families who can use these very practical techniques in helping to raise children with positive self-esteem. Bloch's book is equally helpful for teachers and others who spend their days working with children and want to encourage healthy development.” ??
-Alvin F. Poussaint, M.D. Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
“Here is a great opportunity to help children think like winners.” ??
-Jim Fay, author of "Parenting with Love and Logic"
“The authors send a clear message - words can wound or words can promote self-esteem and well being.”
??-Thomas Gordon, author of "PET: Parent Effectiveness Training"
Table of Contents
How to Use This Book
Affirmation Subject Index
PART ONE: THE POWER OF THE SPOKEN WORD
1. Sticks and Stones Will Break My Bones, But Words Will Wound Me Forever??
2. Affirmations: The Power of Positive Speaking??
3. Introducing Positive Self-Talk to Children??
4. Positive Self-Talk For the Adult Caregiver??
PART TWO: POSITIVE SELF-TALK FOR ??SELF-ESTEEM AND EMOTIONAL WELL BEING
5. General Affirmations For Self-Esteem??
6. Positive Self-Talk for Health, Body Image and Athletic Performance??
7. Positive Self-Talk for Learning and Academics?? 8. What to Say When You Are Scared: Positive Self-Talk for Childhood Fears??
9. What to Say When You Are Sad: Positive Self-Talk for Loss and Divorce??
10. What to Say When You Are Mad: Positive Self-Talk for Anger Management??
11. What to Say When You Are Teased: Positive Self-Talk for ?? Responding to Put Downs
PART THREE : AFFIRMATIONS FOR ??SPECIFIC DEVELOPMENTAL STAGES
12. Prenatal Affirmations??
13. Affirming the Infant (0-9 months)??
14. Affirming the Toddler (age 9 months-2 1/2 years)??
15. Affirming the Preschooler (age 2 1/2-6 years)??
16. Affirming the School-Age Child (age 6-Puberty)??
17. Affirming the Adolescent
PART FOUR: POSITIVE SELF-TALK FOR ??CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
18. Positive Self-Talk for the Child With a Physical, Emotional, or Learning Disability??
19. Positive Self-Talk for the Child From a Chemically Dependent Family??
20. Positive Self-Talk for the Abused Child??
21. Positive Self-Talk for the At-Risk and Acting Out Child??
22. Positive Self-Talk for the Adopted and Foster Child
- Pallas Communications
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 586 KB
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >