Victoria Wood is a test preparation expert, specializing in the GMAT, GRE, and SAT. With nearly 20 years experience in education and test preparation, she has assisted thousands of high school and college students in exceeding their standardized testing goals in reading, writing, and mathematics. She is the author and co-author of many acclaimed PowerScore publications, including the GMAT Sentence Correction Bible, the GMAT Verbal Bible, the SAT Essential Flash Cards, and the SAT Math Bible. Currently, Ms. Wood serves as a Senior Curriculum Developer at PowerScore Test Preparation.
The Powerscore SAT Writing Bibleby Victoria Wood
The PowerScore SAT Writing Bible is the authoritative guide to both the essay and multiple choice Writing sections of the SAT. Packed with powerful writing techniques and a high-scoring essay template, the book is a surefire way for students to improve composition skills and raise essay scores. Plus, whether students are five years or five months removed from their last grammar class, The SAT Writing Bible effectively prepares them for the multiple choice Writing section by reviewing relevant grammatical concepts and highlighting common error patterns. And unlike other prep guides, this 430 page book is dedicated entirely to the Writing section of the SAT.
The SAT Writing Bible includes:
- An analytical breakdown of the three types of multiple choice questionsImproving Sentences, Identifying Sentence Errors, and Improving Paragraphsand strategies for mastering these question types and eliminating answer choices
- A thorough review of grammatical concepts tested on the SAT
- Frequency guides for the rate of appearance of specific errors on past SATs
- Dissection of error types by parts of speech (such as Verb Tense Errors or Pronoun Choice Errors) or sentence structure (such as Parallel Structure Errors or Comparison Errors)
- Comprehensive list of “Alarm Bell” error indicators
- Analysis of the frequency of “No Error” answers by question type
- Directions for composing a winning essay as defined by College Board rubrics
- Over 270 example and practice questions, all with detailed explanations
- Advice for thinking positively about the test and the Writing section
- An appendix featuring lists of irregular verbs, common idiomatic expressions, and concise corrections for wordy language
- Online supplements, including Writing error indicator flash cards for and a Blue Book Database of question classifications from The Official SAT Study Guide
The SAT Writing Bible is a part of PowerScore's SAT Bible Trilogy, which also includes The SAT Math Bible and The SAT Reading Bible. As a set, these books comprise the preeminent guides to quickly and effectively mastering all three sections of the SAT.
- PowerScore Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews