- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Berkeley, CA
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
"Unquestionably the most authoritative account of Theodore Roosevelt's presidency."—William H. Harbaugh, author of Power and Responsibility: The Life and Times of Theodore Roosevelt and editor of The Writings of Theodore Roosevelt
Author Biography: Lewis L. Gould is Eugene C. Barker Centennial Professor Emeritus in American History at the University of Texas at Austin and author or coauthor of eighteen other books, including The Presidency of William McKinley; The Spanish-American War and President McKinley; 1968: The Election that Changed America; Lady Bird Johnson and the Environment; and Lady Bird Johnson: Our Environmental First Lady.
Preface to the Second Edition
Preface to the First Edition
1. "Here Is the Task"
2. The Personalized President
3. "Immediate and Vigorous Executive Action"
4. Roosevelt and the World, 1902-1904
5. The Square Deal, 1903-1904
6. "How They Are Voting For Me!"
7. Roosevelt and Regulation, 1905-1906
8. President of a Great Nation
9. Roosevelt the Administrator, 1905-1909
10. Keeping the Left Together
11. "We Were at Absolute Peace"
12. "There Is No One Like Theodore"
Suggestions for Further Reading