The Principal's Guide to School Budgetingby Richard D. Sorenson
Pub. Date: 04/01/2006
Publisher: SAGE Publications
This unique budgetary survival guide will enhance your instructional, technical, and managerial skills not only as the school’s leader but also as the school’s visionary, planning coordinator, and budgeting manager. See more details below
This unique budgetary survival guide will enhance your instructional, technical, and managerial skills not only as the school’s leader but also as the school’s visionary, planning coordinator, and budgeting manager.
- SAGE Publications
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 10.00(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors
1. Understanding the Budgeting Process Delineating Between School Finance and School Budgeting Breaking the Budgeting Myths Sources of School Funding Ten Steps to Budgeting Success Final Thoughts Discussion Questions Case Study Application: Fiscal Lessons For the New Principal
2. The Budget-Vision Relationship and the National Standards The National Educational Leadership Standards An Examination of the ELCC & ISLLC Standards Final Thoughts Discussion Questions Case Study Application: Belle Plain Middle School
3. School Culture and Using Data Effectively School Culture Data Driven Decision Making Barriers to the Use of Data Dimensions of Data Types of Data Assessment Final Thoughts Discussion Questions Case Study Application: L. B. Jensen Middle School
4. A Model for Integrating Vision, Budgeting, and Planning Sorenson-Goldsmith Integrated Budget Model Final Thoughts Discussion Questions Case Study Application: Shifting Paradigms with Changing Times (Parts 1-3)
5. Effective and Efficient Budgeting Practices The Budget Plan Adequate Funding in an Era of Accountability Analyzing the School Action and Budget Plans Generated Income Sources Expenditure Accountability and Control Collection and Deposit Structures Budgetary Systems Accounting and Auditing Procedures Final Thoughts Discussion Questions Case Study Application: Sex, Money, and a Tangled Web Woven
6. Building the School Budget Site-Based Decision Making Why Site-Based Decision Making?
Who Builds the Budget?
School Budget Applications Budget Allocations Restricted Funds Coding Applications Projecting Student Enrollment Important Budget Considerations Final Thoughts Discussion Questions Case Study Application 1: Shifting Paradigms With Changing Times Case Study Application 2: Requisition Season at Cover Elementary
7. Celebrating Success, Acknowledging Opportunities, and Ethical Leadership Celebrating Success Acknowledging Opportunities for Growth and Development The Leadership Role: Ethical and Moral Behaviors Resource A: Selected Templates and Forms Strategy Page Budget Development Spreadsheet Resource B: Experiential Activities The Personal Finance Activity The Personal Finance Case Study: How to Hang On To Your Wallet and Not Lose Your Shirt The Budgeting Codes Activity Accounting Codes Reference Sheet The Budget Development Project Resource C: Budgeting Checklist for School Administrators Resource D: State Departments of Education Websites References Index
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >