Robin Williams is the author of more than 20 best-selling and award-winning books, including The Little Mac Book, The Non-Designer's Design Book, The Non-Designer's Web Book, and Robin Williams Design Workshop and Web Design Workshop. Through her writing, teaching, and seminars, Robin has influenced an entire generation of computer users in the areas of design, typography, desktop publishing, the Mac, and the World Wide Web.
The Robin Williams Mac OS X Book, Jaguar Edition / Edition 2by Robin Williams
No other author documents the Mac OS the way Robin Williams does. In The Robin Williams Mac OS X Book, Jaguar Edition updated to include Mac OS X 10.2, she brings her inimitable approach to Apple's radically redesigned OS, eschewing jargon for straightforward explanations and a good dose of humor. It's an approach that works equally as well for newcomers looking… See more details below
No other author documents the Mac OS the way Robin Williams does. In The Robin Williams Mac OS X Book, Jaguar Edition updated to include Mac OS X 10.2, she brings her inimitable approach to Apple's radically redesigned OS, eschewing jargon for straightforward explanations and a good dose of humor. It's an approach that works equally as well for newcomers looking for a gentle introduction to the Macintosh as it does for experienced Mac users upgrading to Mac OS X 10.2.
This practical, how-to guide covers all of the exciting new features in Mac OS X 10.2, including the revamped Finder, new instant messaging client, global address book, spam-blocking email program, QuickTime 6, Sherlock 3, and more. Robin doesn't neglect the basics either. You'll find logical, easy-to-follow sections on how to use your Mac for a variety of everyday tasks: printing, sending email, exchanging files, and surfing the Web. And for those frustrating moments When Things Go Wrong, Robin has compiled a troubleshooting guide for common Mac snafus. See for yourself why Robin's books have won her millions of fans.
Meet the Author
More from this Author
Table of Contents
I. START HERE.
1. Finding your Way Around.
2. An Easy Tutorial.
II. THE BASICS.
3. All About the Mouse (or Trackpad).
4. Keys and the Keyboard.
5. Menus and Shortcuts.
6. How to use the Windows.
7. All About Icons.
8. All About Using the Dock.
9. The Desktop, Finder, and Home.
10. How to Use Folders.
11. Selecting, Moving, and Copying Files.
12. Opening Applications and Documents.
13. Word Processing (Typing).
14. Saving Your Documents.
15. Printing Your Documents.
16. Closing and Quitting.
17. Trashing Files.
18. Ejecting Disks.
19. Shut Down, Restart, or Log Out.
III. BEYOND THE BASICS.
20. Multiple Users and Their Homes.
21. Downloading and Installing.
22. Customizing Your Mac with System Preferences.
23. Using Aliases.
24. Making and Using Favorites.
25. Search your Hard Disk.
26. Fonts on your Mac.
27. Applications on your Mac.
28. Utilities on your Mac.
IV. THE INTERNET.
29. What is the Internet?
30. Using the World Wide Web.
31. Using the World Wide Web (includes Sherlock).
32. Email and Address Book.
V. BASIC NETWORKING AND SHARING.
34. How to Share Files with Multiple Users on One Computer.
35. How to Share Files in a Small Office or Home.
36. How to Share Files Across the Internet.
VI. EXTRA STUFF.
37. Ports and Peripherals.
38. Reformatting and Partitions.
39. Using the Classic Environment (Mac OS 9).
For Experienced Mac OS 9 Users: Where'd it Go!
Special Characters and Accent Marks.
Zapf Dingbats Chars.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >