Russian Adoption Handbook: How to Adopt from Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Bulgaria, Belarus, Georgia, Azerbaijan and Moldovaby John H. MacLean
American parents are now adopting over 5000 children a year from Russia and Eastern Europe. John
Adopting a child can be one of life's most rewarding experiences. Unfortunately, complex policies, legal risks, and fewer available children make adopting domestically difficult. International adoption offers a solution to parents yearning for a child of their own.
American parents are now adopting over 5000 children a year from Russia and Eastern Europe. John Maclean's The Russian Adoption Handbook is a comprehensive guide to adopting a child from overseas.
From the pitfalls to the practical, the rewards to the risks, The Russian Adoption Handbook leads parents through the maze of:
- How the international adoption process works.
- How to start the process.
- What you need to know before traveling to Russia and Eastern Europe.
- Making the most out of your trip--the inside scoop on customs, hotels, and food.
- The children's homes, the courts, and the questions that need to be asked.
- Medical issues, special adoption doctors, and travel requirements.
- Post adoption procedures, and much, much more.
Practical, accurate, and written with a father's sense of humor, The Russian Adoption Handbook is the most comprehensive and up-to-date guide to adoption yet.
- iUniverse, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.25(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews