The Scientific American Brave New Brain: How Neuroscience, Brain-Machine Interfaces, Neuroimaging, Psychopharmacology, Epigenetics, the Internet, and Our Own Minds are Stimulating and Enhancing the Future of Mental Powerby Judith Horstman, Scientific American
- How partnerships between biological sciences and technology
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
This fascinating and highly accessible book presents fantastic but totally feasible projections of what your brain may be capable of in the near future. It shows how scientific breakthroughs and amazing research are turning science fiction into science fact. In this brave new book, you'll explore:
- How partnerships between biological sciences and technology are helping the deaf hear, the blind see, and the paralyzed communicate.
- How our brains can repair and improve themselves, erase traumatic memories
- How we can stay mentally alert longer—and how we may be able to halt or even reverse Alzheimers
- How we can control technology with brain waves, including prosthetic devices, machinery, computers—and even spaceships or clones.
- Insights into how science may cure fatal diseases, and improve our intellectual and physical productivity
Judith Horstman presents a highly informative and entertaining look at the future of your brain, based on articles from Scientific American and Scientific American Mind magazines, and the work of today’s visionary neuroscientists.
Meet the Author
Judith Horstman is the author of The Scientific American Day in the Life of Your Brain, the first book in this series of titles copublished with Scientific American. She's an award-winning science journalist and author whose work has appeared in USA Today and numerous other newspapers and magazines; in publications by Harvard, Stanford, and Johns Hopkins universities; and is the author of four other books. Visit her Web site at www.JudithHorstman.com
Scientific American is one of the most popular science magazines in the world.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >