The Shoulder, 2-Volume Set: Expert Consult: Online, Print, and DVD / Edition 4by Charles A. Rockwood Jr., Frederick A. Matsen III, Michael A. Wirth
Pub. Date: 02/02/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Significantly revised and updated, the new edition of this highly regarded reference on the shoulder continues to impress. A multitude of leading international authorities-30% new to this 4th edition-present today’s most comprehensive, in-depth view of the current state of shoulder practice, all in a beautifully illustrated, full-color 2-volume masterwork.… See more details below
Significantly revised and updated, the new edition of this highly regarded reference on the shoulder continues to impress. A multitude of leading international authorities-30% new to this 4th edition-present today’s most comprehensive, in-depth view of the current state of shoulder practice, all in a beautifully illustrated, full-color 2-volume masterwork. They deliver the most up-to-date coverage of shoulder function and dysfunction, along with practical approaches for patient evaluation and balanced discussions of treatment alternatives-open and arthroscopic, surgical and nonsurgical. Greatly expanded and visually enhanced coverage of arthroscopy, as well as many new chapters, provide expert guidance on the latest minimally invasive approaches. New “Critical Points” summary boxes highlight key technical tips and pearls, and two DVDs deliver new videos that demonstrate how to perform open and arthroscopic procedures. And now, as an Expert Consult title, this thoroughly updated 4th edition comes with access to the complete fully searchable contents online, as well as videos of arthroscopic procedures from the DVDs-enabling you to consult it rapidly from any computer with an Internet connection.
• Includes tips and pearls from leaders in the field, as well as their proven and preferred methods.
• Offers scientifically based coverage of shoulder function and dysfunction to aid in the decision-making process.
• Provides a balance between open and arthroscopic techniques so you can chose the right procedures for each patient.
• Includes the entire contents of the book online, fully searchable, as well as procedural videos from the DVDs, for quick, easy anywhere access.
• Features 30% new expert contributors and new chapters, including Effectiveness Evaluation and the Shoulder, Revision of Rotator Cuff Problems, Management of Complications of Rotator Cuff Surgery, Management of Infected Shoulder Prosthesis, and others, providing you with abundant fresh insights and new approaches.
• Provides new and expanded material on the management of advanced arthritis and CTA, infected arthroplasty, procedures to manage the stiff shoulder, and much more keeping you on the cusp of the newest techniques.
• Offers enhanced coverage of shoulder arthroscopy, including basic and advanced techniques and complications, for expert advice on all of the latest minimally invasive approaches.
• Devotes an entire new chapter to research frontiers to keep you apprised of what’s on the horizon.
• Incorporates “Critical Points” summary boxes that highlight key technical tips and pearls.
• Uses a new full-color design for optimal visual guidance of arthroscopic views and procedures.
• Presents new videos on arthroscopic procedures on 2 DVDs to help you master the latest techniques.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.80(w) x 11.80(h) x 3.80(d)
Table of Contents
|Ch. 1||Developmental Anatomy of the Shoulder and Anatomy of the Glenohumeral Joint||1|
|Ch. 2||Gross Anatomy of the Shoulder||33|
|Ch. 3||Congenital Anomalies and Variational Anatomy of the Shoulder||97|
|Ch. 4||Clinical Evaluation of Shoulder Problems||145|
|Ch. 5||X-Ray Evaluation of Shoulder Problems||187|
|Ch. 6||Biomechanics of the Shoulder||223|
|Ch. 7||Anesthesia for Shoulder Procedures||269|
|Ch. 8||Shoulder Arthroscopy||283|
|Ch. 9||Fractures of the Proximal Humerus||355|
|Ch. 10||Fractures of the Scapula||413|
|Ch. 11||Fractures of the Clavicle||455|
|Ch. 12||Disorders of the Acromioclavicular Joint||521|
|Ch. 13||Disorders of the Sternoclavicular Joint||597|
|Ch. 14||Glenohumeral Instability||655|
|Ch. 15||Rotator Cuff||791|
|Ch. 16||Glenohumeral Arthritis and Its Management||879|
|Ch. 17||Nerve Problems About the Shoulder||1009|
|Ch. 18||Calcifying Tendinitis||1033|
|Ch. 19||The Biceps Tendon||1059|
|Ch. 20||The Stiff Shoulder||1121|
|Ch. 21||Muscle Ruptures Affecting the Shoulder Girdle||1173|
|Ch. 22||Tumors and Related Conditions||1189|
|Ch. 23||Sepsis of the Shoulder: Molecular Mechanisms and Pathogenesis||1233|
|Ch. 24||Amputations and Prosthetic Replacement||1257|
|Ch. 25||The Shoulder in Sports||1279|
|Ch. 26||Fractures, Dislocations, and Acquired Problems of the Shoulder in Children||1307|
|Ch. 27||Occupational Shoulder Disorders||1367|
|Ch. 28||Effectiveness Evaluation and the Shoulder||1387|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >